Sunday 19 August 2007

tangos

I have a bit of a thing about tangos: I struggled for some time trying to pick up the basics of the dance, and I've always loved the music, having been turned on to it via the wonderful Astor Piazzolla.

I wrote Tango X for the London-based quintet Tango Volcano. As well as several live performances, they recorded it for their great debut CD "Catching Fire".

Last month the excellent contemporary ensemble Chroma gave a stunning performance of Tango X in a concert focusing on Piazzolla's work.

I'll post Tango X and other tangos if I can sort out the permissions!
Meanwhile, here is a tango of mine using sampler instruments:

terminar el amor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Tango X, great to hear that Chroma have done it. Will they record it too?

oldDog said...

I don't know about that, but I think they might play it live again.

contact form